Chocolate Covered Strawberry Gob

My favorite memory of chocolate covered strawberries was on my honeymoon. Our first night we stayed at a resort in Bedford Springs, PA. Ironically it was called "Bedford Springs Resort"-haha. Anyway, when we got to the room there was a beautiful tray of chocolate covered strawberries with gorgeous designs. When I saw them I promptly walked over and scarfed them down (I think I may have saved one for Steven?). All that to say, I enjoy chocolate covered strawberries so the lovely little topper on this gob makes me happy!

The make up of these cookies is actually very similar to my vegan floral cake recipe but with cocoa powder instead of lavender buds.


On a silpat or none stick baking sheet I formed round patty looking blobs (I know that sounds unappetizing, but how else do I describe the way these look?)


Of course this recipe would be nothing without the delicious icing! It is even more exciting than normal icing because it is made with real ingredients-real strawberries! 

When they are finished they look beautiful. 


Make 5 Gobs

Ingredients:

-2 cups gf oat flour
-3/4 tsp baking soda
-1 ripe banana, mashed
-1 tbs vanilla
-3 tbs lemon juice
-3/4 cup coconut sugar
-1 cup cold water
-3 tbs cocoa powder

For the Icing:

-1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked
-10 ripe strawberries
-3 droppers full of sweet drops (maple syrup or coconut sugar would water as well, I would probably use 1/4 cup of either of those)

For the Chocolate Covered Strawberry:

-2 tbs coconut oil, melted
-1 tbs cocoa powder
-2  1/2 tbs coconut sugar
-3 strawberries cut in half lengthwise

Directions:

1) In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the batter. Be careful not to mix too much.
2) Place about 1/4 cup blobs onto a non stick baking sheet or silpat and spread into circles (not too thin, probably 1/2 inch thick).
3) Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.
4) Take them out of the oven and let them cool.

For the Icing:

1) In a blender place the strawberries and blend until they turn into a smooth puree.
2) At in the cashews and your choice of sweetener until it turns into a smooth icing like mixture.

For the Chocolate Covered Strawberry:

1) Combine all the ingredients except the strawberries in a bowl and mix until smooth.
2) hold the strawberries by the tops and dip into the chocolate
3) Put them onto a plate and in the freezer for a minute or two until the chocolate coating has hardened.


Now you are ready to put it together! Place the icing in between to of the cookie halves and then place a dab of icing on top and then finish it off with a chocolate covered strawberry!








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.