Peanut Butter & Date Breakfast Balls

I'm enjoying the lingering taste of peanut butter right now-come back later. Seriously, peanut butter is like my chocolate, give me a spoon and a jar and I'll be happy. On Wednesday's I teach a Bible club in a local school and we give the kids snack and one day we had little packages of cookies and they all went for every type of cookie except for the Nutter Butters. Aghast, I said "Come on guys, do you not realize you have Nutter Butters at your finger tips?!" Thought I myself don't eat them anymore because of course they are processed and just not good for you, but it's peanut butter!!!! Ok, well I'll end this rant by giving you one of my favorite peanut butter recipes that is all natural, healthy, and makes a great breakfast or snack. Steven and I had them for breakfast this morning and it probably took us each a minute to finish-so good.


Makes 16 balls

Ingredients:

-1 8 oz package of dried dates
-1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter or smooth if you prefer. (If you want them recipe to be raw you can use raw peanut butter or blend raw peanuts with your dates)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:

1) Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until it is all chopped, combined, and starts sticking together.
2) Form into balls about the size of a walnut
3) Enjoy.

Super easy, huh? And delicious, huh? 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.