Sauteed Baby Bellas with Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes

Nothing beats a good meaty mushroom. They have that perfect satisfying bite when they are cooked just right. This dish is basically my vegan version of steak and potatoes and trust me, it's good.


Serves 2

Mushroom Ingredients:

1 8 oz package of baby bella mushrooms
1 small yellow onion
3 clove of fresh garlic
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tbs liquid aminos
1 cup mixed baby kale and spinach
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp herbed poultry seasoning
1 tsp herbed de province

Mashed Potato Ingredients:

5 red skinned potatoes
1 tbs earth balance butter
1/2-3/4 cup almond, soy, or coconut milk
1 tbs liquid aminos

Mushroom Directions:

1) In a frying pan saute garlic, onion, and mushrooms until soft.
2) Add in spices and kale/spinach mix and saute until the leaves are wilted and well combined.

Mashed Potato Directions:

1) If you have a microwave potato bag that is the fasted way to cook the potatoes, but if you don't go ahead and boil them until they are soft.
2) Drain the water if you boiled them and then place them in a mixer bowl along with the milk, butter, and aminos and mix until creamy and smooth.

Super easy and delicious vegan/gf meal!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.