Vegan & GF Floral Cake

This cake idea was conceived in my brain yesterday when I suddenly remembered that I had rose water sitting in the back of one of my cupboards just begging to be used! From there I thought OH I also have lavender that I think would pair lovely with the rose water and to stick with the floral theme, I decided to call it floral cake, clever eh? 

I decided to mix the lavender in with the cake batter and I mixed the rose water in with the icing and beautiful flavors were born. This cake is made with all natural ingredients and can be eaten for breakfast (like I did) or lunch (which I also did) or snack (it didn't last that long, but it would have been nice) or hey, even dinner!

First I took a ripe banana and mashed it up
Then I added 1/2 cup of maple syrup and 1 tbs of vanilla extract, and 3 tbs lemon juice and
 whisked them together
Next I added 2 cups of gf oat flour which makes it a more dense cake, but it
is still super good! I also added 3/4 tsp baking soda, and then 1 cup of cold water
Finally, my favorite part (aside from he icing of course, I added 2 heaping tbs of lavender buds which
I got from Whole Foods. If you don't have a local health store that sells them you can order online
at amazon.com
Then I just put it in a small baking dish and popped it in the oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes.



Serves 4-8


Cakes Ingredients:


2 cups gf oat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 ripe banana mashed
1 tbs vanilla
3 tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 cup cold water
2 tbs lavender buds

Icing Ingredients:

 
1 1/2 cups cashews soaked
1 tsp rose water
1/4 cup coconut sugar

Cake Directions:


1) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl (don't over mix).
2) Pour the batter into a small baking dish
2) Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until cooked completely through (check the middle with a knife every once in a while)
4) Let it cool and then turn it sideways and cut through the middle (like you are opening an oreo)
5) Once you've made the icing put a layer in between the cli

Icing Directions:


1) Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency like icing.












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.