30 Day Vegan Challenge



Happy Monday everyone! I have an exciting announcement to make! 

Starting on September 9th I am launching a 30 Day Vegan Challenge. That's right, no dairy, no meat, no eggs for 30 days! 

I became vegan in October of 2012 and will be celebrating my 4th year on this lifestyle this year. I have never felt better or enjoyed my food more than I do now, eating nutrient rich plant based foods everyday. 

I am not one to go and slap a steak out of a meat eaters hand and wave my finger in their face yelling "shame on you!" However, I do encourage my carnivore friends to TRY the plant based diet-that's it.

There is definitely something to be said about the vibrant, healthy, and happy lives of vegans. Now I need to take a step back and clarify that I do mean HEALTHY vegan lifestyle. It is possible to eat junk as a vegan, but that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about no chemicals, no processing or modification-just pure enzyme rich, easy to digest, energizing fruits, vegetables, and grains. It is because of these amazing benefits and life changing properties, that I have challenged some of my family members to 30 days on the vegan lifestyle. But I don't just want this to be for them, but for you as well, and that is why I sharing this with you.


Why Do it?

It is good for your health.


-Lower blood pressure
-Lower cholesterol
-Weight loss
-Clearer thinking
-Glowing skin

Time to think about where your food comes from.

As a Christian I'd like to add that even the Bible tells us to take car of our animals!

"The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel." -Proverbs 12:10

"Be sure your know how your sheep are doing, and pay attention to the condition of your cattle." -Proverbs 27:23

"When an ox is working in the grain, do not cover its mouth to keep it from eating."                 -Deuteronomy 25:4

"You should work six days a week, but on the seventh day you must rest. This lets your ox and your donkey rest..." -Exodus 23:12-13

We are to care for our animals and the meat industry does not do that. If you are buying it, then you are supporting it. If you are going to eat meat, just be aware of where it is coming from.

Anyway, my goal is not to preach...so moving on...


Increase willpower

Most meat and cheese eaters will say that they could never give it up. Does that mean you are addicted to it? Increase your willpower by staying away for 30 days! At the end of the 30 days it may no longer be an addiction, but a choice.

How do I do it?

With my help of course! When I first went vegan I had no guidance. No sample meal plans, no helpful videos-nothing except a few recipes. It took a while for me to get the hang of it and to stop starving myself because plant based foods are processed differently and you need to eat more (who doesn't think that sounds fun?).

I am going to have meal plans, grocery lists, videos, and tips for you to be successfully vegan for one month! I'm even going to have meal plans for those cheap and lazy people-so no excuses!

ARE YOU READY?!

If you would like to participate in this challenge, please do the following:
1) Leave a comment bellow letting me know "Yes I'm In!"
2) Subscribe to my YouTube channel so that you can receive update videos, testimonials, and recipes.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYVst1Db6OpDzdUmVZYmGrA
3) Share with your friends so they can keep you accountable and maybe they can join too! You could even buy a t-shirt here to let everyone know what you are accomplishing!
4) Get excited and be committed!


On August 1st I will be posting your Week #1 resources (recipes, grocery list, menu, ect).








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.