Buckwheat Groats Cereal

Cereal is a huge waste of money in my opinion. It isn't filling (unless you eat the whole box), expensive, and very much lacking in nutrients. I a little while ago I posted about one of our favorite "cereals": Blueberry Cereal! It is filling, super nutritious, and of course super yummy, but I've recently spiced it up a bit when I heard about this awesome thing called buckwheat groats cereal! You simply are taking a whole grain (buckwheat), lightly toasting it (if desired) and eating it like a cereal-genius! Needless to say, me and my cereal loving husband are hooked.


Another great thing about this cereal is that it only takes a little bit to fill you up!

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1/4 cup of buckwheat groats (toasted if desired or you can buy them toasted and it's called kasha)
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tbs maple syrup
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cups of desired fruit (we like to use blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries)
1 cup of almond milk

Directions:

1) Mix everything together in a bowl and you've got yourself a delicious, easy, healthy breakfast!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.