Raw Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars

I have to confess, I have an addiction. I have desperately been searching the internet and ads in the mail to find coupons to feed this particular addiction. I then find myself stuffing those coupons into my pocket and taking a trip to Whole Foods where my husband (yes, he has the addiction too) and I head directly for the isle filled with protein/snack bars. It is here where we begin to grab handfuls of the addicting substance and end up checking out with a bill that totals more than I'd like. Ok, here it goes, I'm addicted to Larabars! I mean seriously, how can you not be? They are so good and completely natural to boot! Because I can't afford to keep buying these things the way I do at 1.29 a piece, I have decided to create my own. The base of all their bars is dates and nuts and after that it's completely up to me what I want to add! Here is what I came up with:

-Raw Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars-


Ingredients
Dates

Lime

Raw Sunflower Seeds

Pine Nuts

Lime Zest

Raisins

Yum

Ingredients:
-10-15 Dates 
-2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts
-1/2 Cup Raisins
-1/3 Cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
-Juice and Zest of 1 Lime

Directions:
1. I soaked my dates, but the mixture ended up being a bit too runny because of it, so it might be best to not do that, or maybe just soak half of them.
2. In a food processor, blend together dates, half of the sunflower seeds, raisins, and lime juice.
3. Put mixture in a bowl and combine with the rest of the sunflower seeds.
4. On a piece of wax paper, shape the mixture into a square and grate the zest of the lime onto the top, and then put it into the fridge to set for about 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes take it out and slice into 3 or 4 bars. 
6. Enjoy.

For a tutorial on how to make these go check out my youtube channel Vegan Tr3k.

If you try them, let me know what you think or  share some things that you added to yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.