Jackfruit Tacos


A couple weeks ago I spent a chilly evening walking around Lancaster City Pennsylvania all bundled up with some wonderful friends. Christmas was in the air as we walked by little adorable pop up shops serving hot chocolate and welcoming people in with warm crackling fires. While taking in all the sites we were in search of a restaurant to satisfy my vegan needs! It took a long time and there was much confusion because Lancaster is really into plant names when it comes to restaurants (the seed, sprout, root, ect.). We finally settled upon The Root which was a nice modern joint that serves an ever changing menu of awesome vegan food! I was starving and couldn't choose just one thing so I ordered a rice noodle bowl with veggies and tofu AND some amazing jackfruit tacos! I knew right there and then that a blog post was brewing because I needed this try this myself. You are welcome.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.