Low Fat Vegan Onion Dip

In another post I mentioned that I was trying to clear up my skin from the worst acne break out I have ever had. I also mentioned that I will be making a post about it and how I have healed it so stay tuned for it, it really is coming (right now I am waiting for my scars to heal up a bit so I can show you the journey). Anyway, I say all that because I have found that one of my acne triggers is fat. I'm talking like what most people would consider a small amount of fat. I have to keep myself below 10g a day to avoid flare ups. So, I have really worked hard on modifying my already very healthy diet to exclude things like nuts, seeds, avocado, and oils.

This recipe was born out of a desire for a hearty dip that didn't include fat and it turned out really well. The only misstep I had was going a little onion crazy and it turned out a little powerful, but tone it back a bit and it is perfect. I sincerely encourage you to give it a try! Swap out that fatty, processed, dairy concoction and your body will love you. There is so much disease and pain that can be solved by simply modifying your diet.



Eat so that you can feel good about your snacking habits!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.