Vegan Chickpea Mayo (Oil Free!)


While I was pregnant I was making vegan tartar sauce with Just Mayo quite a bit. Buuuuuuut that stuff can get expensive after a while, especially when you are making a big batch of tartar sauce, not to mention the fact that it is pretty high in fat if you are going to sit down and eat half a cup of it on your rice or whatever else you happen to feel like slathering it on top of. Then one day I came across aquafaba mayo and decided to give it a go. It was good, but it still called for a decent amount of oil which I kind of wanted to eliminate since I ate so much of it. I need something to make it have a little more bulk, so I just decided to dump in the whole can of chickpeas and it turned into a nice thick mayo sauce that was oil free and full of protein-win!




Ingredients:


1 can of chickpeas (including the liquid)
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp coconut sugar



Directions:

Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.