Watermelon Passion Juice


Here we go, story time! My love of watermelon started when I was about 7 years old when a friends mom gave me some while I watched a swim competition. Before this point, I cannot even remember having watermelon because my parents hated it. I'm pretty sure I was gobbling up her whole bag of juicy goodness, probably thinking that I would never have any again. Fast forward years later to when I was older and my parents would buy me watermelon and I would happily eat most of it by myself. Fast forward again to the past couple years when I buy whole watermelons and eat it right out of the rind like it is a bowl. I love watermelon!

A few months ago I was watching someone's What I Eat In A Day video on youtube and saw that they were putting lime on their watermelon and I was very intrigued. A few weeks ago I tried it out and it was super amazing! Now fast forward to today when I decided to amp it up yet again by adding one of my absolute favorite fruits to the mix in a cup of blended perfection. Watermelon. Lime. Passion Fruit. Done. Yes this is quite possibly the best summer drink you could have. Go try it right now.

Ingredients:


  1. 1/4 watermelon
  2. juice of one lime
  3. 1 passion fruit 
  4. 6 ice cubes

Directions:

  1. In a blender (I used a vitamix) combine a all the ingredients and blend.
  2. Pour into a nice tall glass and sip it through a straw (or don't, that's fine too)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.