Peanut Butter Green Smoothie


For years now I have wanted to make green smoothies packed full of nutrients and enzymes to start my day off right. I must admit that I feel incredibly silly that it has taken me this long to make such a simple and delicious thing. Any time that I tried to do it in the past I would end up with stringy pieces of greens and begin gagging at the texture. Who knew that simply blending the greens with the liquid first before adding anything else makes all the difference? And now that I have admitted to that ridiculous mistake I can share with you what I've created!

For my green component I chose spinach for its antioxidant and vitamin packed properties. Spinach is full of iron, vitmains A, C, K, B6, B1, and many many more! It also has minerals such as copper, magnesium, potassium and zinc. I have really only scratched the surface of the wonderful things found in this little leaf. Having said that-eat your spinach, it really is good for you! This smoothie is a wonderful tasty way to get all those nutrients that your body craves.




This makes 1 blender full of smoothie




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.