Sweet Breakfast Stuffing



I've been making more videos these days on my youtube channel (VeganTr3k) which is why recipes have been only trickling into my blog (it takes a lot of time to do both!). However, I now have Steven helping me out with the videos so I can devote some time to the blog. Anyway, this week we filmed me making this sweet breakfast stuffing that I made up off the top of my head. I didn't even test it before making it, so its wonderful that it turned out, haha! I made it because my father-in-law was coming over to help us work on our house and I need to have something to serve for breakfast. He described it as a bread pudding which I've actually never had before so I couldn't tell you what that is like, so I"m just sticking with "sweet breakfast stuffing". You can find the video HERE

Ingredients:

1 can of crushed pinepple
1 can of coconut milk (regular or light, it doesn't matter)
3/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup chia seeds
1 loaf of crusty bread
juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon
1/2 fresh pineapple, chopped (optional)
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped (optional)

Directions:

1) Cut the bread into cubes and place into a large bowl
2) In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well
3) Pour the mixture into the bowl with the bread cubes and stir to combine
4) Place the bread mixture into a baking dish an top with fresh pineapple and strawberries
5) Place in the oven at 375 degrees for 50 minutes, covered.
6) After 50 minutes bump up the heat to 400 and cook uncovered for another 1/2 hour or until it dries out to your liking.

I didn't put this in the video I filmed, but I think it would be amazing topped with some nice thick coconut whipped topping...Mmmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Can I use something other then coconut sugar? Like dates, bananas, applesauce e.t.c.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I replied to this once, but it does not appear to have published, so I apologize if you get two replies somehow. Anyway, dates would probably work really well. I would either boil them own with a little bit of water to make like a date syrup before mixing it in OR soak them and then blend them up with the coconut milk before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients. I might try using dates myself next time!

      Delete

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.