Vegan Pasta Primavera

I go through weird phases with food (most of the time it is seasonal cravings). Right now I am really big on tomatoes because of the spring weather and looking forward to summer. Crisp, but juicy cherry tomatoes with hummus is amazing to me right now. Anyway, because of this crazy love, on my last grocery shopping adventure I bought several different types of tomatoes to eat to my hearts content. Last week I ended up getting sick and didn't cook or eat anything so my dear little red fruits of goodness went untouched and for those of you who love tomatoes, you know that they can't sit for too long! This week my goal was to use up these ripe beauties so they don't go bad and I popped out this delicious dish.


Serves 2-4

Ingredients:

1 16 oz. bag of Sam Mills Gluten Free Rigatoni
1/2 small eggplant
2 small zuchini
4 mini sweet peppers
15 small tomatoes (not cherry tomatoes, but small vine ripened tomatoes)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
2 tbs worcestershire sauce
3 tbs liquid aminos
1 tsp pepper
1 tbs thympe
1 tbs rosemary
1 tbs italian seasoning
1 tbs basil
1 tbs oregano
1 tbs parsely

Directions:

1) Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
2) Heat a large iron skillet and then add in the tomatoes and cover
3) Add in the corcestershire sauce, liquid aminos, peppers, zuchini, and eggplant. 
4) When the tomatoes start to pop add in the remaining ingredients and cook until everything is soft and well combined.
5) When the pasta is finished, strain, plate, and top with a large spoonful of sauce.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.