Tropical Smoothie

Tropical fruits are definitely my favorite-they are acidic, but sweet which is incredibly addictive to me. My inspiration for this shake is actually a virgin pina colada which I first experienced on a cruise in 2009. We were having a good old time out on the deck one night watching everyone dance and drink out of coconuts and bright flashing cups, but I was wishing the whole time that they had something non alcoholic for me to enjoy! At this point in my life I didn't really know a whole lot about virgin drinks (or any drink for that matter and I still really don't), but when we went to ask the nice little man at the Pina Colada stand if he could make a virgin drink for us he promptly threw a few things together and handed me my own bright flashing cup full of amazingingness! Seriously, if you have never had a virgin pina colada make one or even better make this drink which is very reminiscent of one, but with an added kick of flavor!


Serves 2

Ingredients:

3 cups of ice
3 cups of almond milk
1 frozen banana
3/4 of a very juicy pineapple
1/2 mango
1 inch of vanilla bean (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
1 cup of coconut milk from a can
2 dropper fulls of sweet drops (or other natural sweetener of your choice)

Directions:

1) Add everything into the blender and blend until smooth. (If it is too thick go ahead and add some more almond milk or coconut milk)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.