Green Onion Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers

I realized that I have been burrying you all in sweet breakfast recipes, but have left out some really great savory dishes passing through my kitchen. Of course we eat dinner-it just usually happens that we are especially hungry for dinner after a busy afternoon and I never get around to taking pictures of it. No, you can't have a blog post about food without pictures!

I feel very blessed to be at a place in my life where I am working from home (with my husband I might add) and having the ability to throw something on the stove or in the oven while I'm still working-it makes life so much easier! However, for those of you who don't have that luxery, most of my recipes are simple and really don't take that much time. This recipe for example took maybe half an hour (if that)-try it out!


Serves 2 hungry people

Ingredients:

-8 oz. plain hummus
-1 bunch (about 6) green onions
-1 cup of spinach
-1 tbs lemon juice
-1 tsp dill
-15 mini sweet peppers

Directions:

1) Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.
2) Chop off the tops of the mini sweet peppers and add to the water.
3) While the peppers are cooking add the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
4) When the peppers become soft (when the can be easily pierced), probably after 10-15 minutes, pull them out one by one with tongues and stuff with a spoonful of the filling you just made.

Simple, right? I served these up with some white rice which was really delicious, but wild rice or brown rice would be really good too. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.