Double Chocolate Strawberry Sundae

Blah. That is the sound of fullness and satisfaction (not to be confused with bleh the sound of dissatisfaction). Guys, I just really love strawberries. And chocolate. I love strawberries and chocolate together. I love strawberries, chocolate, whipped cream, and nuts together. When Steven decided to have chicken and rice for dinner that left me making food for myself and I decided hey, a banana shake sounds good, but it turned into so much more. I pulled out the coconut milk to make the whipped cream and my efforts to conceal it in the corner of the counter failed when Steven saw it and started jumping up and down and frothing at the mouth. "Oh Kayla, that whipped cream is so good. I'm feeling jealous of your dinner" is a sentence that followed. After the raw vegan strawberry shortcake he became addicted to coconut whipped cream and strawberries. Anywho, here is what my dinner turned into:


Serves 2 (although I ate the whole thing myself)

Ingredients (Chocolate Ice Cream):

-2 Bananas
-4 cups of ice
-4 cups of almond milk
-2 heaping tbs of carob powder
-1 dropper full of sweet drops (or 1-2 tbs maple syrup)

Ingredients (Whipped Cream)

-1 can of full fat coconut milk
-1 tbs maple syrup

Ingredients (Chocolate Hard Shell)

-1 tbs coconut oil
-1 tbs carob powder

Ingredients (Mix In's):

-4 strawberries
-1 tbs walnuts

Directions (Chocolate Ice Cream):

1) Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.

Directions (Whipped Cream):

1) Open the can of coconut milk and scrape 2 tbs of the thick coconut layer and put it into a bowl.
2) With a fork or a mixer beat together the coconut and the maple syrup until light and fluffy.

Directions (Hard Shell):

1) Melt the coconut oil and mix in carob powder until well combined. 

Directions (Compiling):

1) In a large bowl or glass power in the chocolate ice cream (add a layer of strawberries in the middle if you'd like).
2) Top with strawberries, whipped cream, hard shell and walnuts.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.