Breakfast Banana Split

This morning when I went to make breakfast I found to my dismay that I had forgotten to freeze bananas for a shake I had planned to make. I only had two frozen bananas and that clearly wasn't enough to make a shake for two people (at least in our opinion), so I needed to come up with a different plan. I stared at the unfrozen bananas on the counter and then thought: Aha! Banana split! The great thing about a breakfast banana split is that it can be a clean out your fruit drawer kind of dish-make it with what you like!


Serves 2

Ice Cream Ingredients:

-2 frozen bananas
-2 cups of coconut milk almond milk (plus  more if needed to blend)
-2 cups of ice
-2 tbs coconut sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp vanilla
-2 tbs cocoa powder

Directions:

1) Put everything into a blender and blend until it becomes a smooth ice cream mixture


"Split" Ingredients:

-2 bananas
-2 tbs peanut butter
-2 tsp chia seeds
-1 gala apple (or apple of your choice), chopped into pieces.
-Coconut sugar for garnish

Directions:

1)Peel banana and place into a bowl
2) Scoop ice cream on top
3) Top with remaining ingredients (or items of your choice)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.