Low Fat Vegan Tartar Sauce


Happy Monday everyone! I know for most people (including myself at times) Monday's are something to loath, but I have learned to love them. I make a checklist every weekend of things that I want to get done though the next week and then I put it away so that I can enjoy my weekend and then come Monday it is exciting to start knocking things off that list! I am a task oriented person, so I know that lists don't excite everyone, but it is always worth a shot. Always try your best to reduce your stress in whatever ways you can. Anyway, enough of the pep talk-lets get to the food!



To be honest, going low fat is a pain and hopefully I won't need to do it forever. I'm still on a skin healing journey and I need to figure out what works and what doesn't. Right now, low fat seems to aid me in this battle. However, even aside from my skin issues it is not healthy to go crazy on the fats and you really have to decide where in your diet throughout your day that you want to eat them. I personally would rather eat a handful of nuts than have a little tartar sauce on my vegan fish sticks (made from hearts of palm-you should totally try them! I used this recipe and modified them slightly, but these ones are really good too). Now you can have both your nuts and your sauce!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.