Grilled BBQ Stuffed Pineapple

I can't even begin to describe the succulent deliciousness of a super ripe pineapple after it's been grilled. But hey, I'm a food blogger so I'm ganna try. Grilling this mouthwatering yellow fruit, caramelizes the juices in the pineapple to give it a candy like taste and sweetness. Combine this with some BBQ and ooooh boy do you have yourself delectable dinner! I'm not sure what it is about fruit and BBQ that pair so well together, but seriously, it's a match made in...well my kitchen actually. If you are experiencing gorgeous weather like I am today, then do yourself a favor and fire up the grill, pour yourself a nice cool glass of something refreshing, and make this recipe!


Grilled BBQ Stuffed Pineapple
Ingredients:
-1 ripe pineapple
-2 cups of cooked brown rice (or your preference)
-1 tsp olive oil
-5 mini sweet peppers chopped
-1 small red onion diced
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup Grandma's molasses
-1 tsp smoke paprika
-4 sprays of Braggs Aminos (or a dash of salt)
-1/4 tsp garlic


Directions:
1. Cut pineapple in half and cut out the core
2. Place pineapple halves face down on the grill
3. Meanwhile place mini sweet peppers and red onion in frying pan with olive oil and saute until light brown
4. Mix the peppers and onions along with the rest of the ingredients in with the cooked brown rice
5. When the pineapple has brown grill marks on it, take it off
6. Fill pineapple with rice mixture





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.