Vegan Chalupa's

Vegan Chalupa's?! Yes please! Taco Bell has a special place in my heart (as I'm sure it does in every teenagers heart). It's cheap, teenager friendly and for me it holds a lot of wonderful memories. I used to take my friends to Taco Bell all the time because I was the only one who drove and we all liked this delicious Mexican fast food. More than that though I remember a pleasant summer night back in 2009 a few days after my first date (prom) with the man who is now my husband. We had been friends for a long time and had wanted to date, but I wasn't allowed until I was seventeen. We had so many ideas of things we wanted to do together once we were finally allowed to date and one of those things happened to be going to Taco Bell together. So, on this one particular evening at about 10 o' clock at night Steven (now my husband) and I were talking on AIM and he suddenly suggests that we go to Taco Bell. It was an incredibly exciting idea simply because we were FINALLY able to do it. There were many Taco Bell dates following this one and they were all just as good as the first and that is why the place is special to me. But also, I must say the food is good as well haha. Chalupa's were my go to food and I missed them a great deal after becoming Vegan, so recently I was struck with the idea that I should try to make them myself, and so I present: Vegan Chalupa's!


Recipe yields: 2
Ingredients:
2 pieces of Middle Eastern bread or Naan or some other thick wrap type bread
1 cup cooked lentils
1 tomato
1 cup lettuce
1/2 cup melted vegan cheese (I used Vegan Gourmet Follow Your Heart Cheddar)
1/4 cup shredded vegan cheese (Cheddar)
1 tbs taco seasoning
1 tbs olive oil

Directions:
1.Mix taco seasoning in with cooked lentils
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and put in your Middle Eastern (or other type) bread and cook both sides until slightly brown.
3. Distribute the rest of the ingredients in equal parts into the bread.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.