Rice Stuffed Portabellas

In my vegan world, portabella mushrooms are the closest thing I can get to a juicy steak. Now I know most meat lovers would probably "pfft" at that statement, but that may very well be because you have tried them! Now, back to my vegan friends...seriously. delicious. After a good marinade, a bit of a grilling and a spoonful of stuffing, this dish is *looks up a non-generic word to describe it's goodness*....toothsome (not sure if that actually sounds good, but we'll go with it)!

Rice Stuffed Portabellas
Makes 4 Mushrooms


Ingredients:
-4 Portabella Mushrooms
-1 cup brown rice
-1/2 cup broccoli
-1 tbs plus 1 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
-1 tsb nutritional yeast
-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
-1 tsp thyme
-1 tsp oregano
-2 tbs red wine vinegar
-3 cups water

Directions:
1) Take the stems off (save them) of your portabella mushrooms and put them in Ziploc bag
2) With the mushrooms combine 1 tsp of Braggs Liquid Aminos, garlic, and vinegar and let the mushrooms marinade for half hour to an hour.
3) In a pot combine rice, water, oregano, thyme, nutritional yeast, broccoli, and mushroom stems (chopped) and cook together until rice is tender.
4) Turn your grill to medium heat and place the mushroom inside. Cook both sides until well cooked and juice is pouring out (don't let it lose all it's juices)
5) Place the mushrooms on a place and scoop the finished rice mixture into the center.

Have a lovely day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.