Bok Choy & Tofu Udon Noodles

It is really hard to beat an Asian noodle dish-they have the best ingredients ever! I may have said this before, but really, I was meant to be Asian. This dish was inspired by a hibachi steak house that I went to a few years back. I got a bunch of vegetables for them to cook for me and they added ginger, garlic and soy sauce-it was so good. Ever since then when I make stir fry's I usually stick with those three flavors because they pair so well together! This time I decided to try it out in some yummy soft udon noodles (and veggies of course), but this time I added a bit of miso. Now I better get to the recipe before I end up writing it all out in book form.


Serves 2

Ingredients:

1 head of bok choy, chopped
1/2 small onion, diced
6 baby bella mushrooms, chopped
7 onces firm tofu (half a package), cubed
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 tbs miso
1/4 cup liquid aminos
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ginger
2 bundles of udon noodles from a 8.5 ounce bag

Directions:

1) Place tofu in a frying pan and cook until it starts brown.
 2) Add onion, fresh garlic, mushroom, and bok choy and cook until everything is browned and the bok choy is soft.
3) Meanwhile cook the udon noodles according to the package.
4) In a separate bowl mix aminos, garlic powder, miso, and ginger.
5) When the noodles are finished at them to the frying pan along with the sauce made in a separate bowl.
6) Mix everything together and serve.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.