Black Bean Burger with Garlic Aoli

Today is one of those hot and wet kind of days where the appetite just isn't quite there because the air feels so oppressive and disgusting. Never-the-less burger number two made it onto the grill and into my tummy.

This burger was inspired by a black bean burger at one of my favorite Chicago restaurants: Wildfire. I tried to pick out the flavors in their burger and then replicate it to my satisfaction. Enjoy!



Black Bean Burger with Garlic Aoli
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1 can black beans rinsed
4 green onions
1 tsp chili seasoning
2  cloves of garlic
2 slices of gluten free bread (or your choice)
1 small handful of mixed greens or spinach
1/2 lemon
1 tsp olive oil plus a few sprays
1 tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos
2 slices of tomato
1/2 avocado
1/4 cup veganaise

Directions:
1. In a food processor combine 1/2 can of black beans (set the rest aside), green onions, 1 clove of garlic,  and chili seasoning. Blend until it forms a paste.
2. Pour the remaining beans in the with the blended bean mixture and form into 2 patties.
3. Set the patties on a piece of foil or a grilling try (because they fall apart easily) and grill over medium eat until both sides are slightly crispy.
4. In a food processor combine veganaise, a small squeeze of the lemon, and the remaining garlic. Blend until well combined.
5. Take your mixed greens and coat them in the olive oil and remaining lemon.
6. Spray slices of bread with olive oil and set on the grill until toasted.
7. Remove burgers and bread from grill.
8. Set each burger on a slice of bread and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the aminos on each one.
9. Top each patty with the veganaise mixture (garlic aoli), tomato, greens, avocado and finally the top piece of bread.

Enjoy!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.