BBQ Black Bean & Corn Burger


This beauty was inspired simply by my love for BBQ. There is definitely a need for a drenching amount of BBQ slathered all over many different foods during the summer, so why not a burger? So far this one ranks #2 out of 3 on Steven's vegan burger charts-not bad my juicy delicious sandwich!




BBQ Black Bean & Corn Burger
Serves 2
Burger Ingredients:
1 can black beans drained
1/4 cup fresh corn
1 Tbs smoked paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder

BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tbs grandmas molasses (more if desired for a sweeter sauce)
1 tbs smoked paprika

Toppings:
Lettuce
Crushed pineapple
Gluten free bread for the bun(or your preference)
A little olive oil for toasting the bread

Burger Directions:
1. In a food processor combine 1/2 can of black beans, corn, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder, then blend into a paste.
2. Add in the rest of the black beans and a few more kernels of corn in desired.
3. Set on the grill at medium heat (using either foil or a grilling tray)

BBQ Sauce Directions:
1. Mix all the ingredients together and add more or less of each according to your preference.

Assembly:
1. Spray bread with olive oil and set on the grill for a minute or two until toasted.
2. Remove bread and burgers and assemble with sauce, lettuce, and pineapple.

“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.