Spiced Fries & Sweet Horseradish Mustard

Unless they are deep fried or lathered in butter and oil, potatoes are a great filling carb. We eat a lot of potatoes because they are easy, cheap, and filling-don't be hatin on the healthy potatoes (but of course don't eat them every meal either)! Though there isn't a whole lot to this recipe, it is worth recording and sharing anyway (especially the sweet horseradish mustard). I present: Yummy potatoes.


As a meal: Serves 2-3

As a side: Serves 4-6

\

Spiced Fries Ingredients:

-6 large potatoes
-1 tsp garlic powder
-1 tbs rosemary
-1 tsp dill
-1 tsp thyme
-1 tbs olive oil
-1 tbs liquid aminos

Directions:

1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit 
2) Cut potatoes lengthwise and then lay each half with the cut side on the counter then cut thin pieces lengthwise once again (basically cut them to look like fries).
3) Place the pieces in a large mixing bowl and pour in all the other ingredients.
4) Mix together until well combined and each piece is covered.
5) Spread them out on a baking sheet (you may need two) so they aren't laying on each other.
6) Place them in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown

Sweet Horseradish Mustard Ingredients:

-1/4 cup yellow or Dijon mustard
-1/4 cup coconut sugar
-3 tbs water
-1 1/2 tbs prepared horse radish

Directions:

1) Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. (If the mixture is too thick just add more water)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.