Vegilicious Veggie Sandiwch


I was watching Fully Raw Kristina the other day and she was talking about how people have a hard time parting with certain foods because they have an emotional attachment to them. I started to really think about this and realized that it is very true. I can think of certain foods in my own life that I have an attachment to (even though I don't eat them anymore) and I realized that it is because of the memories that go with them. My mom used to make rosemary chicken all the time and I would call this food a comfort food because I literally find a sense of comfort in it. I can feel my parents warm house on a cool fall night where my school was done for the day, I just woke up from a nap on the couch and I can hear the radio playing, my mom bustling around in the kitchen, and my brothers playing together. I can smell the strong smells of the chicken wafting into the room and I feel safe, content, and happy. There is a strong emotional attachment to the chicken because of these memories. This is just one example out of many that goes to show how big of an impact food can have on the brain!

My goal is to make new wonderful memories revolving around healthy foods and to encourage others to do the same. This veggie sandwich for example was created because of a new memory I've created with Steven. We tried a new vegetarian restaurant in Chicago this year and it was a wonderful time of enjoying one another's company and feeling perfectly happy while eating an amazing veggie sandwich-I have that emotional attachment to it now.

Serves 1





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.