Vegan "Fish" Sticks







I don't know if they were just a 90's thing because I don't see them a lot anymore (granted I'm not looking for them), but I grew up on fish sticks. It was basically an opportunity to eat something that tasted deep fried and nothing like fish. I would gleefully skip to the kitchen and throw pickles and mayo into the food processor while I waited for my frozen little fishy friends to get hot. While these are nothing like those fish sticks (which I'm pretty sure is a good thing), they are definitely delicious. Hearts of palm which is actually from the inner core and growing bud of certain palm trees, is what make these yummy bites possible. Who knew a palm tree would make a good fish stick? Ha. 

I served them up with a chipotle mayo tarter sauce that you can make, simply by blending together chipotle mayo and a pickle. Yummy. I don't know exact measurements, but it was probably something like 1/4 cup chipotle mayo and one small dill pickle.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Do you want to be energized? Do you want to fuel your body with rich and nutrient dense foods that your body loves? Yes? So do I! I've created this blog to document the different recipes I've created as well as share with you a peek into a Vegan lifestyle and the benefits that come with it. I started on the Vegan diet in October of 2012 and my life was immediately transformed! Before I started on the diet I was often very tired and consistently got sick every month. As soon as I changed my diet I became energized, stopped getting sick, and felt great! I want you to be able to experience the transformation that I felt or even just enjoy incorporating these nutrient rich foods into you normal diet.